On the 17th day of March in the year 2011 at 7:30 AM CST
Today we are proud to release our second product, Mythacle Treasury: a website dedicated to the purpose of managing your collections. Treasury is the evolved form of the simplistic collection manager that began in Battleplan.
Here are a few of the good things that Treasury offers.
- All items. Where Battleplan is focused on designing armies and decks, Treasury is all about managing collections. Because of this, we can include non-roster items in Treasury that aren't necessary Battleplan. For example, in Heroscape, glyphs and terrain tiles are a big part of the game, but aren't items that belong in the army roster. However, they are items that you would want to track in your collection, and Treasury will allow that.
- Advanced grouping. There are many different ways to organize a collection, and each of us has our own preferences. The grouping settings offer more options to view your collection in a way that suits you best.
- Entry notes. Each entry for an item allows you to enter notes for it. For example, you might record when and where you got an item, or you might mention any repaints you might have of a figure, or who you've loaned an item to, or even (as it unavoidably happens) if you have a missing or damaged piece of the item. Whatever information you want to track with an item, the notes field is there for you.
More to come
We are constantly designing and working on new features to help take your gaming experience to the next level. Here is a short list of some things you can expect to see in Treasury in the upcoming months.
- More game systems! To be quite frank, it's a lot easier to support additional game systems in Treasury than it is in Battleplan. Also, there are some collectible game systems that really wouldn't benefit from having a Battleplan console. With Treasury, we'll be able to more quickly add game systems for the purpose of collection management.
- Mobile support. Your desktop computer rarely ever moves, and laptops (including netbooks) can often be cumbersome to lug around. There are even a good number of people that do most of their computing on their smartphones. We'll soon have full-featured mobile support for Treasury so you can access it however, wherever you want. (We're also working on this for Battleplan!)
- Importing and exporting. We don't want you to waste time duplicating your efforts. (That takes time away from you playing the games!) If you have a collection somewhere else and in another form, we'll try to provide a way for you to load it into Treasury. Likewise, if you want to move your Treasury collection into another application, we'll provide ways for you to do that, too.